Guidance is a collection of best-practice operational procedures to deliver safe, compliant and consistent outcomes from a diversified workforce.
Guidance has never been more important but, equally has never been under more scrutiny. Public sector cases such as Baby P (Haringey), Mid-Staffs and the Grenfell fire underline the critical, and at times criminal risks, of poorly accessible guidance.
ORIGINS is a software platform that specifically improves the collation, distribution and regulatory and legal compliance of operational guidance.How are the UK fire and rescue service using ORIGINS? - download our white paper here
Key advantages of ORIGINS:
- Improved user experience leading to an increased appetite for / uptake of the guidance
- Full component content management allowing content management at the granular level (component) rather than at the document level.
- Interactive features allowing staff to keep more easily up-to-date with content updates
- Fully-auditable document trails to see full version history of any component
- A much-improved visualisation of any data changes
- Improved collaboration around development of policy, procedure, training and the cohesion of working practices
- Enhanced component content management capacity by providing Administrator screens, reporting on inconsistencies / gaps and relationships within and between the data
- Reduction in time spent discovering and consuming information to allow training/learning time to be spent more effectively
- Ability to implement user-profiling to deliver a user-centric service
- Significant cost savings in print, distribution and management
- Providing robust evidence in regulatory, compliance and legal cases
What products and services do we provide?
- Content Strategy and workflow planning
- Working with Subject Matter Experts to create user-driven content
- Content development and editorial staff supplied
- Guidance-as-a-Service (GaaS) cloud based software
- Scalable and elastic hosting architecture ensuring full redundancy at minimised cost
- Service level agreement (SLA) backed support and maintenance
This charter has been developed to provide key learnings from UKFRS’s six-year guidance change programme. We have found that, over time, guidance will become marred in complexity, unwieldly, contradictory and inaccessible.
Adherents of this charter recognise that for guidance to be relevant and engaging:
- It must be written in Plain English
- A workforce need clear and consistent guidance
- Single web-based platforms must replace impenetrable and lengthy documentation
- Guidance must be searchable, ordered and accessible
In an era of greater public scrutiny greater transparency is needed. All sectors must embrace a model where the right guidance is delivered at the right time to the device of choice.
Adherents of this charter pledge to:
- Adopt a Plain-English approach to ease understanding
- Streamline guidance to make it simple, accessible and actionable
- Develop best practice tools and processes
- Promote uptake and build in review and feedback loops
Please get in touch
If you are interested in our services or would just like to find out more, please do get in touch at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or drop us a line using the form.
Our clients are across the public, 3rd sector and commercial sectors. Most recently, the UK fire and rescue service (UKFRS) are using ORIGINS to deliver accessible guidance to the 50 regional fire services.